One of the blessings of being Latina is the natura tan skin and even though, I get fair from time to time my solution is a simple as a trip to the pharmacy form some good old self tanning lotion. It’s just not worth it to me, I don’t enjoy baking under the sun. Thinking of the spots and wrinkle from sun exposure is one things but skin cancer…
L’Oréal Paris’ Advanced Suncare collection offers 13 products, including two new products — Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion and Advanced Suncare Quick Dry Sheer Finishing Spray. Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion is a lightweight tinted face lotion containing color-equalizing pigments to correct, even, smooth and brighten skin, leaving skin soft, with a matte finish. Advanced Suncare Quick Dry Sheer Finishing Spray is an ultra-lightweight, liquid silk lotion that comes in a first-to-mass alcohol-free aerosol spray form. The non-irritating and never sticky formula provides a matte, barely there finish that feels dry to the touch. L’Oréal Paris’ Advanced Suncare line is tested on all ethnicities, and includes patented UVA/UVB protection; a non-whitening formula that blends invisibly on all skin tones; and a non-greasy texture. In short, everything people want in a sunscreen, which encourages frequent use and helps to keep them better protected from melanoma and other skin cancers. The benefits of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Suncare include luxurious forms that allow for smooth, mess-free application; nourishing ingredients with a hydrating complex with Vitamin E and a blend of skin-protecting antioxidants; and gentle formulas including, non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, dermatologist-tested and safe for sensitive skin.
Top 10 Sun Tips
We’ve all made our fair share of sun mistakes like spending our teen years basking in the summer sun while glistening in our coconut-scented tanning oil. The tanner, the better, right? Um…wrong! There’s no leeway when it comes to applying your daily dose of SPF. Sun’s harmful rays not only contribute to 90% of premature aging like lines and wrinkles, but melanoma is the most aggressive form of skin cancer. If you’re like most people who spend time outdoors (even for a few minutes), here are our Top 10 Sun Tips to help you practice safe sun.
1. Think you can skip SPF on rainy (or even snowy) days? Not so fast. The sun’s damaging rays are still at work. Slather sunscreen on exposed areas before leaving the house.
2. How much sunscreen is enough? Use about a shot glass’ worth for your entire body (or 2 tablespoons). Apply 30 minutes before going outside.
3. UV rays are the strongest and most damaging between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM, so take cover indoors or invest in a fancy wide-brimmed hat.
4. Select a water-resistant sunscreen to help you stay protected even when you sweat (subway rides in NYC during a heat wave, anyone?).
5. Use a “broad spectrum” sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher to protect against UVA and UVB rays. Most sunscreens only protect against UVB, which means you’re less likely to burn, but still exposed to harmful rays. Try Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 30 Lotion.
6. The sun isn’t the only way to get Vitamin D. Try to get your intake through good sources of food like oily fish or diary, but remebmer to consult your doctor before before starting a new diet.
7. Don’t let your skin burn. Reapply SPF after 2 hours or after swimming or towel drying your skin.
8. Invest in a fancy, wide-brimmed hat and wear UV protective clothing.
9. Spritz your hair with a UV protective spray. It not only protects your scalp from the sun’s rays, but also keeps your color from fading. Try Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold with UV Filter.
10. Read Self Exam: 5 ways to Spot Skin Cancer and schedule an appointment with your derm every year.